HISTORY OF THE GIANTS AND IMPS BASEBALL CLUB
Our history starts more than a hundred years ago, with the formation of The CROWN MINES GIANTS in the early 1900’s.
In order to further develop and grow the game of baseball, a junior club was created and so Imps Junior Baseball began. The founding member of this junior section was Eddie Birkett-Sharp.
It was then that Imps moved to Rhodes Park in Kensington where it remained for 26 years.
In 1988 Pat McKinon and Eddie Birkett-Sharp moved the Imps junior section, combined with Bedfordview Country Club junior section, to JP Bezuidenhout Park, based in Edenvale.
One year later the Giants senior club moved to join it’s juniors - forming one club known today as the Giants and Imps Baseball club.
Pat Mckinon then took over as the Imps Chairman, a position he held for 10 years.
In over 50 years of junior baseball the club has produced numerous provincial and National players.